Saturday, July 08, 2006

Poker on TV

Recently I have noticed 2 new poker shows on TV. Here are my unsolicited thoughts:

1. Mansion Poker - I think it sucks........I LIKE TO SEE People THINK ABOUT what they are going to do...that's half the fun ......watching people have to make a decision, and not in 15 seconds....hell, I can't do poker odds that damn fast. I'm sure all the people on the show can, but I, for one, need a tad bit more time. It's too fast for my taste.

2. Professional Poker Tour - it's okay. I personally like to see "Joe Q. Public" make a cool million (or two)!) for a $25.00 satellite buy in. The announcers are just plain bad....they get ALL excited when someone goes all in....way to theatrical! They remind me of Chad Brown on The Plaza tourney..........too overly excitable.

My thoughts.

As I read all the bloggers either in Vegas, or on the way.........I AM SOOOO jealous. I hope they all have a great time....and win big!!! My goal is to be there next year.

1 comment:

Matt Silverthorn said...

I've never seen the mansion one. What channel does that come on?

I thought the PPT was only okay as well. Mark Seif and that other guy just aren't as good as Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten, even if Vince can get a little annoying at times.

I'm also jealous of all of the other bloggers in Vegas. I'm hoping to make it out next year and also hoping that poker will pay for it. Good luck to you, and thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogosphere.