I am taking a poker holiday (so to speak). Forced upon me, probably by the "Poker Gods".....time for a break.
On Thursday morning I was playing my daily morning Heads Up.....$6.25 buy in to win $12.00. I should mention that there was a full fledged thunderstorm going on at the same time....Foolish me.....My chip count was up to 2200.00, my opponent had 800.00. It was looking so good.....Apparently too good. I lost power, and my opponent was somewhere in cyberspace laughing his ass off....With my 6.00 firmly in his account.
I rush home, still no internet, and I had already paid my entry to a WSOP satellite for $12.00. I frantically called my ISP, and was told I needed a new modem. Luck was with me....the Road Runner office was open till 6 pm, JOY, it was 5:15..............I drove (like the proverbial bat out of hell) and got that new modem all set up.........still no connection. Bottom line, the ISP people can't make it to my house before next Thursday night.
Drag.
I probably needed the time away from the tables.
Spend time with my sweetie........It's all good.
Saturday, April 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment