Monday, May 28, 2007

Ways to Make a Buck, I'm Talking the Green Kind


I have been musing over my life, trying to remember all the jobs I have had......quite a few. Here is a list, in no particular order.......

1. Answered the phone at my high school
2. Babysitter
3. Worker bee, then manager of Venus de Milo (figure salon)
4. Switchboard operator at Monex (gold and silver exchange)
5. Manager of Naugles (high dollar fast Mexican food)
6. Airman First Class - US Air force
7. Security guard - I got fired because I would not go out to the parking garage at night (too many grasshoppers, I was scared)
8. Built mobile homes in Oklahoma (I did the electrical work, connected ceiling fans, connected the outlets, wired the fuse box) I don't think I had a clue as to what I was doing, but I got to wear a work belt, and I liked it!)
9. Picked cotton (yes, picked cotton!!) Lasted one day.
10. Worked at Wright Brothers (meat packing plant), everyone was Vietnamese and I couldn't talk to anyone, so I hated it! I trimmed the fat off of flank steaks and I was fired for being "too slow". I wanted to trim every little piece of fat off of them...they wanted fast, not perfect.
11. Another meat packing plant, I stacked boxes. We were not allowed to talk, so I started a petition, and of course, I got fired for rallying the troops.
12. Graveyard janitor at a plant. When I used the floor buffer it threw me all over the place, couldn't physically do the job.
13. Hospital kitchen in Whichita Falls (don't remember what I did)
14. Paper route
15. Hamburger shack in Newport Beach, Calif. (One guy used to come order his hamburger raw, yuck)
16. Dishwasher at High Plains Baptist Hospital in Amarillo, Texas. We had to wear bright yellow polyester outfits. The obese black workers looked like bumble bees.
17. Worked my way up to cook in the same kitchen.
18. Transferred to pharmacy tech, after giving the Pharmacy Director TONS of food everyday in the lunch line (I was one of the servers)
19. Memorex plant on the assembly line (used to fall asleep standing, got fired)
20. Cashier at a convenience store (the whole crew got fired because someone stole money, and it was not me!)
21. Investigational Drug Tech at The Methodist Hospital, I had arrived!!! Still there, but part time, and now I mix chemotherapy.
22. Baylor College of Medicine, Sr Research Coordinator. Love it. Still there.
23. Started a journal retrieval company, JR & C, made copies of journal articles for doctors....friken Internet made me obsolete.
24. Sold knock off perfume.
25. Levi Strauss factory, I put the rivits on 501's.
26. House sitter
27. Pet sitter

I think there are more jobs, I will add to this list as I remember them.

No comments: